JUNIOR CYCLING TEAM
This a specific program for our youth interested in learning the fundamentals of cycling and developing team skills and tactics. Youth between the ages of 9-18 are welcome to participate. The focus of this cycling program is the development of excellent bike handling skills, team tactics, character and social interaction. In addition, we want to promote a lifetime of fitness and it starts with our youth.
To create a team concept through club membership in the Round Rock and surrounding area, in order to increase the level of participation in cycling and build camaraderie among our kids. Our kids will also train and compete at the local, state and national level. Team members are introduced to the sport, trained by a professional coaching staff that is committed to developing the whole athlete to include character development, sportsmanship, respect for others and becoming students of the sport of cycling.
- Create an environment that fosters the participation of youth in the cycling. Encourage young people to get involved in a healthy lifestyle and a sport that requires critical thinking and cycling skills.
- Establish an organization that responds to the emerging need of our youth to get involved in a sport that teaches basic to advance skills and develops their motors skills and through age appropriate training and competition gives them a sense of accomplishment.
- Develop a parental support network that encourages youth to participate and be a part of T3Multisports Elite Junior Cycling Team. The team concept of this sport helps develops interpersonal skills, communication among peers and creates an environment for youth to explore fitness within their own peer group. It also allows parents to be involved with their children in a positive and meaningful way.
- Increase the recognized talent pool of young cyclists for future national and international competition representing the USA.
- Work towards getting cycling recognized in the local high schools as a part of the Texas High School Cycling League.